Professional development is essential for employees of any business. It’s closely related to training, but adds other educational components that will enhance your understanding of topics that are important to the success of your business.
One of the best places to take part in a professional workshop is at a business show, where people and businesses connect with resources that will help their companies achieve their business goals. In addition to attending a trade show, listening to speakers discuss what has and hasn’t worked for them as they build their business is useful—and eye opening.
The next time you visit a Pittsburgh business show, be sure to review the workshop and speaker schedule to see what topics you’d like to learn more about, like entrepreneurial issues, leadership coaching, technology integration, and financial planning. Workshop presentations allow attendees to:
- Build New Skills. Many business owners and their staff are busy working in their business, not on their business. The issue is—when do you have time to develop the skills that you’ll need in the future? Workshops teach both fundamental and advanced skills that all businesses can use, so put your time to good use, and plan for the next few months, years, and even decades.
- Gain Practical Advice. Hearing from other business owners is valuable, because you’ll learn from people who know just what it’s like to be in your shoes. Most workshops offer an interactive setting where you can ask questions, offer ideas, and become involved in discussions that are important to your company.
- Make New Connections. Yes, everything is tied to networking! The other attendees in your workshops are eager to learn, just as you are, and it’s a good place to connect to both them and their business. Be sure to bring plenty of business cards, and you may want to hand out marketing materials if attendees are receptive.
- Share Knowledge. After the business show, you can return to your company and share everything that you’ve learned with other management staff and employees. If you’ve already started working on a plan or process as a part of a workshop, explain it and task a group in your company to contribute.
Pittsburgh Trade Shows in 2017
The Pittsburgh Business Show has a full slate of workshops and presenters during its two-day B2B expo at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on April 19-20, 2017. People attending Pittsburgh trade shows like this one will benefit from listening to professionals in various industries, including digital marketing, job coaching, leadership, financial, small business, and more. We invite you to sign up for free tickets by going to www.PittsburghBusinessShow.com and learning more about our speaker schedule.
- Pittsburgh Business Show to Promote and Participate in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s Pittsburgh-Area Out of the Darkness Charity Walk
- Three Reasons to Sign On as an Exhibitor Now for the Pittsburgh Business Show
- Trade Show Checklist and Timeline
- Preparing for Your Next Trade Show
- Top Event Trends for 2017